It is our sincere desire that your first visit with us be as comfortable and encouraging as possible and that we be a blessing to you in every way. If you know in advance that you will be visiting with us, and you would like to, please drop us an email in advance, with you name and children's ages, and we will make sure that you are greeted by a church representative to assist you throughout the day. Please feel free to email the church with any questions or concerns you may have.
The chief purpose of mankind is to glorify God by loving Him with the entire heart, soul, mind, and might (Deuteronomy 6:5; Isaiah 43:7; Matthew 22:37). All believing men, women, and children are to glorify God and thus fulfill the purpose of their existence. Worship glorifies God through adoration (Psalm 95:6), praise (Psalm 99:5), prayer (Daniel 6:10-11), thanksgiving (Nehemiah 12:46), and a complete yielding to Him (Romans 12:1). Worship declares His worth, pays Him homage, and celebrates Him in a life of devotion.
There are several tenets that should guide worship:
- Lift high the name of Jesus Christ (John 4:22-26; John 12:32; John 14:6).
- Lead God's people to lift their hearts and voices to Him, giving Him praise and thanks in music and lyrics (Nehemiah 12:45-46; Psalm 66:1-4; Psalm 95:1-2).
- Prepare hearts to hear the Lord speak through the proclamation of Scripture (Psalm 95:6-9; Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:41-42).
- Emphasize fresh and contemporary expressions while retaining the traditional elements that recognize the richness of our heritage in the faith (Deuteronomy 32:7; Psalm 33:3; Isaiah 46:8-9; Matthew 13:32, Ephesians 5:19; Revelation 5:9).
- Pursue nobility in worship, knowing that God is not a God of chaos and He is worthy of our very best (Exodus 12; Deuteronomy 17:1; Psalm 33:3; 1 Timothy 4:14-15; Hebrews 11:4).
Following Your Visit
Thank you for choosing to spend your time with us at Elizabethtown Baptist Church. We believe every guest has been sent by God Himself. We are excited to see what God has in store for you as you take the next step in your walk with Christ. We want to make certain you have all the necessary resources for this to happen. Please take a moment to email us and let us know about your visit at with us.